Earth Yoga Mat 24"x 71" (61 x 180 cm) | 6.3 mm
| Feels Like Earth
The mat gives you the feeling of being closer to earth. Enjoy its natural vibes!
| Woven For Easy Grip
The top surface is woven with a subtle texture to comfortably grip on while you practice and is smooth enough not to disturb your movements.
Can be folded like your clothes and carried in your sports bag or a tote.
| Provides Cushioning
Our patented weave provides cushioning to protect your joints and stability during balancing asanas.
| Absorbs Sweat
The top surface absorbs all your sweat, which avoids any pooling that would cause you to slip and slide around.
| Anti-Slip Natural Rubber
The natural rubber coated bottom of the mat provides a secure grip to the floor while you flow through your vinyasa.
| Easy to Wash & Dry
The mat can be washed by hand or in a machine. It can be air-dried, line-dried or tumble-dried. You can take care of it just as you do for your clothes. Our mats come out warm and fluffy from the tumble-dryers.
Adding an essential oil during washing or drying can leave the mat with a fresh aroma.
After living out its life as a yoga mat, if you choose to discard it, it will re-integrate back into earth within a very short span.
| Patented Design
The product has been developed with
proprietary innovations to improve the
experience of the user.
|The Earth Yoga Mat is your natural space to focus. The natural yoga mat has been hand-crafted with natural fibers. We keep the fibers under sunlight to allow the dyes to cure. Natural rubber is extracted from the tree bark and applied at the bottom of the yoga mat to give you a secure anti-slip layer. The cushioning of the mat protects your joints and the textured woven surface gives an easy grip while you practice. You can wash and dry this yoga mat as you do your clothes. It can be folded like a newspaper and slipped into any bag while traveling to a yoga class or yoga retreat. After living out its life as a yoga mat, if you choose to discard it, it will reintegrate back into earth within a short span. Enjoy it’s natural vibe!|
|* size and thickness will vary based on use as it’s hand made and natural materials.|
|Tips: Washing or tumble-drying rejuvenates the cushioning of the mat. Adding essential oil to during wash or dry can leave the mat with a fresh aroma|
- Will my hands and feet slip because of the fabric?
- The mat is made with a subtle textured weave that gives an improved grip but does not disturb your flow in practice. Grip improves over time due to sweat and opening up of cotton yarns.
Inspired by the traditional Indian rugs historically used for yoga, the fabric surface encourages you to be less dependent on the ‘gripiness’ of the mat to carry your poses.
- What do I do if my mat is full of sweat after practice?
- The mat absorbs your sweat, which is very helpful during your practice to avoid any slipping. The mat would need to be aired or left in low sunlight to allow it to dry out after practice.
- How do I take care of my mat?
- The mat should be aired whenever possible after practice. It can be washed in a regular washing machine or hand washed. It can either be dried outdoors or tumble-dried on medium heat below 75 degrees celsius. See care methods link above for details.
- How often do you have to wash the Earth Mat?
- The Earth Mat is primarily made of cotton fibers. So washing your mat depends entirely on your practice, the environment you practice in, and how much you sweat.
- Can the Earth Mat be used in hot yoga?
- Yes, it can. However, you will need to wash the mat after as it will be soaked with your sweat. Because the mat is sweat-absorbent, you won’t need to bring all the hot towels for hot yoga which is a plus!
- Can I dry-clean the mat?
- No, it cannot be dry-cleaned.
- Can I use fabric softeners or bleach?
- No, they cannot be used on the mat.
- How can I improve the cushioning of the mat? Why does the cushioning reduce over time?
- We think of your mat as a living mat because it’s made from all natural materials. After long use, you could notice some changes to the cushioning of the mat. However, every washing/drying cycle rejuvenates the cushioning of the mat.
- Is the earth mat good for travel? Can it fit in a suitcase?
- Yes. The Earth Mat can easily be folded and packed in a bag or a tote. Infact, it’s easier to pack than any other regular yoga mat as It can be folded like a newspaper.
- How is my mat made? What is my mat made of?
- Our design approach ensures that the mat is functional and pure. We use the best available technologies and craftsmanship for your mats. Every mat is handcrafted with plant and tree materials specifically plant fibers and tree sap. This is why we include sunlight as one of our important ingredients.
Our long crafting process includes curing of the mat under sunlight. We believe that this infuses the sun’s energy into the mat. We have taken care to ensure that all unnecessary ingredients are avoided and primarily natural materials are used.
- Why is the rubber white and not black?
- Natural rubber is white, yellow, or beige in color depending on the process. The black form of rubber, a common sight, is due to the addition of petrochemical-based carbon black.
- What is the weight of the mat?
- Because the mat is crafted with natural materials, the size could vary by batch. To give you an estimate, the regular sizes of 24 inches wide and 71 inches long is generally expected to weigh 2.3 kg or 5.0 lbs for the Sun Mat and 2.6 kg or 5.7 lbs for the Earth Mat.